Thanks to the hard work of the Summer Reading Committee, we were able to start planning the Summer Reading Program last night. When you come to the YAC meeting next week, you will hear more details, but I can tell you now that it will be really awesome! We didn't have a chance to plan everything, though, and are looking for help with a few details. We will discuss this at the YAC meeting, so if you will be there, bring your ideas with you. If you can't make it to the meeting, you can post your ideas here on the blog!
What we need:
1. a slogan. Usually we have a catchy phrase for our summer reading program. This year's theme is space.
2. Large Prize ideas. Last year we gave away on iPod. Should we do the same thing again? What prizes would motivate you to join summer reading?
3. What programs would you like to see this summer? More of something we already have or something entirely new? Let us know!
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i'll be at this my las tand final YAC meeting....*sniff* *sniff* *tears*
I will try to be there, but I was wondering what is the teen volenteering thing that got sent home in a newsletter? And did you update this site? OR was I going on the wrong thing?????
I am not sure exactly what your question is, but I will try my best to give you some answers. I will assume that your family received the Tales and Lore Newsletter that the library sends out quarterly. Young Adult Services has a page entitled "On the Teen Scene". All of the information that appears in the brochure that we hand out in the library is also available in this newsletter.
During the Summer Reading Program, we have a teen volunteer program. We are looking for teens who would either like to help out with programs or who would like to sit at the Summer Reading Booth. Applications and more information will be available April 16.
Based on the comment you made on the other blog, I will guess that you are having some confusion with the 2 blogs. This is our main blog, where we post general information about what is going on at the library for teens. The other blog is about books. I hope this answers your questions.
Post a Comment