Monday, March 26, 2007
Birthday Cake Bake-off- Results
Thanks to all who came to round #3 of the bake-off. I especially liked that everyone brought different types of cake and the judges really raved about Selena's strawberry-flavored cake. Believe me, they all tasted great! The top three finishers were #1-Phoumany/Alyssa G, #2- Kaitlin F., and #3- Emily K. There is still one round left on April 20th themed "Spring". You'll need to register at the YS reference desk and bring 1 dozen hard boiled eggs. I really hope you will come and participate or just come and watch the big finish! See you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
i hate to say it, but as of now i will not make the next YAC meeting, similar to the last reason and that is due to a tennis meet.
i'm sorry, i really want to come, but my team needs me.
Sebastian,
That is fine. YAC understands. Your tennis team should definitely come first. I assume that your team is doing well since you have these games coming up. That's great! I am terrible at tennis. I seriously lack hand eye coordination. I was thinking about taking lessons, though, since I have always wanted to know how to play.
Anyway, we are buying YAC shirts, though, and need to know what size you would like. We will be ordering the shirts this week, so let us know soon! Also, at the next YAC meeting we will be discussing lock-in themes, so if you have any thoughts, let me know ahead of time. Good luck!
Thanks for understanding!
I alredy called and gave my
t-shirt size, so that is taken care of.
I am willing to teach you how to play tennis,that is if you really want. Tennis is my true love in life and i am more than willing to share it. Yes, our team is looking quite well, i think we have a good shot at taking conference this year.
As for ideas for a theme for the lock-in, i have several, so here they are:
1. Monty Python
2. Rock And Roll
3. Literary Greats (Authors/Poets/Playwrites, etc.)
4. like before.... Macabre
5. Poetry
i also came up with a great idea for a program or for cafe ole(i like it more as a program). My idea is to have Poetry Slams!
what do you think?
oh i just thought of another...1920's, Theatre/Broadway, 1920's, and oh yeah 1920's!~!
Amith really likes the first two lock-in ideas that tennisace suggested. oh and sebastian, is andrew's tennis team any good????
Andrew's tennis team..... well i'll put it like this, Andrew can beat Tinley for sure, but personaly i think that their team is nothng special. i know i can beat them(and i'm not trying to sound self centered, i just know from experience)
Sebastian,
I like the poetry slam idea! The librarians talked it over and we thinkit would do better as a fall program. So, everyone keep your eyes peeled this fall for Sebastian's poetry slam!
o sweet! this just made my day!
Post a Comment